Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Few Thoughts

So here's a new post. I don't really know what to say so I will say whatever comes into my head. Living in a small town is kind of a shock to my system, but at least the people in our ward are great. I went to a Relief Society Book Club a couple of weeks ago and there were a lot of women there and guess what they all read a book except me because I found out about it that day. I have to admit I wasn't used to that. It made me miss the dental school "book club." Anyways, I just felt really young there, not that all the women were older, but most were. It has been difficult for me to get to know people here because I feel so much younger and inexperienced in life. I don't feel I have anything in common with anybody. Especially since I miss the city and most of the people here hate the city. I'll get to know people eventually, it just takes me longer then most people because I have always been shy. I'm actually more comfortable talking in front of a group of people on a subject I have researched then one on one where I have to just come up with conversation. On a different note, I'm so excited for our trip to Denver!! It will be great to see friends and relax for a weekend.

5 comments:

jani said...

I miss the "book club" we had too! Even though most of us never read the book, it was just great to be with a bunch of people in the same boat...

Deanna said...

I am SOOO with you, Natalie! I've had a tougher time that I thought, too. Ron just jumped right in and had instant friends, and I think I've just been hangin' on to what I had in Louisville, and not trying to open up and put myself out there. Man, we had it good in Louisville, didn't we?!

Jami said...

I'm on that team, too, Natalie. I don't know what I'm holding back for, but I'm struggling hard core. I'm sure it will get better for all of us, but Deanna is so right about having it good in Louisville.

Kristi said...

Natalie, I totally understand. Since I moved to Georgetown, I've had a difficult time getting to know people, and finding someone who "clicks" with me. We'll find friends eventually, it'll just take time :).

Max Fam said...

Oh, the good old book club (we haven't met for a while)...Now that you're gone, that leaves us with just 3 or 4 members!

I would never say that you're shy. You are so fun and easy to talk to! However, you're always welcome to come back to the Ville!