Monday, September 17, 2007


I can't believe it but Marina just turned one. This past year certainly flew by. Seems like she was just born. I remember laying in the hospital with Marina next to me in awe at how tiny, and beautiful she was and still is. Well, we had two parties one on Saturday with my family and then one on her birthday, 9/11, with Josh's fam. She got lots of presents and loved her cake and ice cream. She hesitated at first with the cake, because she didn't know what we were giving her, but once she started she just dug right in!


We were outside pulling weeds the other day, and I looked over at Marina and she was walking around the yard so I kept pulling weeds not realizing a lady walked by with two dogs and Marina took off after her. It took Marina about fifteen seconds to make it across the yard and into the street. Josh was mowing the lawn and ran after her. Good thing cuz Marina would have followed that lady and her dogs all the way home. Marina loves dogs and cats. Whenever she hears a dog bark she stops whatever she is doing and looks around saying, "da un, da un!" On a different note, I need some ideas, our anniversary is coming up in November and we want to go somewhere fun, but we can't really think of where. We are thinking a three or four day trip so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!
This is Josh trying to make it back over the river at the Sinks in Lander. The Sinks is where the river goes under the mountain and disappears. The river comes back up about half a mile down the road. Where the river goes under the mountain it makes a cave and Josh decided to cross the river and see how far he could see down the cave. Of course, my brother in law, Brandon had to follow him and they both almost fell in. Brandon did slip and his leg got all wet. Boys, will be boys what else can I say?

6 comments:

Amy and Cameron said...

What about a ski vacation in Star Valley, Wyoming. If you want to fly, San Diego is always a great place to go and there is lots to do there.

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday, Marina Dawn! (I said that just like Cameryn always did!):o) She is such a cutie! Can't wait to see you guys! I'm dying, I'm so excited! Miranda said she misses KY where her "Real Friends" are: Alexis and Camryn!

Mandy said...

I can't believe she is a year old! Time has flown by! We are having the anniversary debate too, I wish I had some great Ideas for you! Have fun!

Max Fam said...

we cannot believe it was a year ago we came to the hospital to see sweet little marina! happy first birthday!

As for the anniverary, have you ever been to honeyville hot springs? It's in northern utah, and is so fun to visit in the winter. It's a bunch of hot springs with a water slide. We love going there. Other ideas: old faithful at yellowstone - maybe go snowmobiling? email me if you want more details or ideas.

Jami said...

Natalie, Jack took me to the sinks when we were dating. Then we walked up that mountain on the other side to that natural slide at the top. Yea, that was FREEZING cold! I'm such a fan of cruises now that I would suggest one of those!

jani said...

Hey, I hear Spokane is a great place to visit!!