Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Great Weekend

We had such a fun, quick weekend! We went to Denver to visit some good friends. The kids had a lot of fun playing with each other. Alexis had a hard time leaving. She cried as we pulled away and continued to cry until I promised her she could write a letter to Miranda. Then she started to calm down. It broke my heart. Poor girl, it's so hard to see your kids in pain. I know it is for me at least. I wish I could just take her sadness away and feel it for her. But alas, that is part of being a parent.
On to a happier subject, we went to a natural history museum on Friday. Camryn loved the museum because she loves dinosaurs. She wants to be a paleontologist when she grows up and find dinosaur bones. It's so cute when she says it because she still has a lisp. On Saturday we went down to Colorado Springs and partied. We went and saw the Garden of the Gods, which is amazing. So here's some pictures from the trip, enjoy!

Here is Alexis with her future husband, at least according to her. He's the one in the middle. The one on the right is his older brother.

Here's the kids at the Garden of the Gods. They loved climbing all over the rocks. Thanks to Ron, Deanna, Scott, and Shelly for the great weekend!!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

How fun! I wish we could all just get together again...and not all have to travel everywhere! How sad that Alexis was sad (that was a retarded sentance but my brain isn't working to fix it!) I read your one about the book club...I feel the same! Now I wish I had gone to EVERY book club and spent lots more spare time with everyone...thank heavens for blogging!

Jamie said...

you guys are always up to something fun. does josh actually work??? :) how fun you all were able to get together.....looks like fun!

Deanna said...

We had SO much fun with you guys! So glad that you took the time to drive an hour more past Denver to see us. Hopefully next time we'll be in a bigger house and have more time together! And hopefully, the next time you buy a chocolate covered pretzel at the mall, it won't have a hair in it!! YUCK! :o)

Jami said...

What a great weekend and people to hang out with. Scott and Shelly and Ron and Deanna would be such a blast to have together. Glad you had so much fun! Sorry about the pretzel, too. That's gross.

Crafty Momma said...

Hey Natalie, glad to hear you guys are doing well. I wish I would have known you were in Denver!!! That's where we are right now. It would have been fun to see you. How is josh liking the practice?