Thursday, August 7, 2008

I thought this was pretty picture. It is at Rock Creek.

Josh got to go on the pioneer trek with the youth a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I have written about this yet, but I don't know. It ended up being about 30 miles in two days. Josh had to quit a couple of hours early because he got huge blisters on his feet. The trek ended at Rock Creek where the Willie Company spent the first night after they were "rescued." A lot of people died that night and were buried there. Now there are monuments for the pioneers and the graves are marked.
Josh and Ron together again. They had a blast playing guitar hero. It was so great to see the Ronco's.


The stake put on a short program at Rock Creek when the trekkers came back. The girls are singing some pioneer songs with the Primary. The kids had the option of wearing pioneer clothes, but alas we did not have any, I don't sew, and I did not want to buy clothes for five minutes of singing.


I finally have a picture up of the girls in their dance costumes. They danced at the county fair last Saturday. I have to say they are pretty cute.




Marina is such a ham. She loves to have her picture taken anytime, anywhere.


I have to add a few extra comments to add to my previous post. I do enjoy some fiction. I really liked Harry Potter and I hate to admit that I am addicted to the Twilight series, although I also have to admit that I found myself thinking more then once that the books are rather cheesy. But it makes a quick, fun, easy read in between my heavy history books.



I did a few new things this summer which I had to write about. I tried wakeboarding for the first time. I actually did okay and I really liked it! Josh really liked to hear that, he has been trying to get me to wakeboard since we got married. I also learned to drive a boat. It was kinda scary at first, but I at least I can drive well enough for Josh to wakeboard behind me.

3 comments:

Jami said...

The only comment I have is that I LOVE wakeboarding. Jack had a boat when we were dating and we went out everyday that summer. We actually went out with look last week, but they wouldn't let me wakeboard yet cause I was only five weeks out of surgery. I was so bumbed!

Staci said...

I loved going wakeboarding and out on the boat with you guys! It was so much fun! I'll have to try to come again so I can go out with you guys. You did great driving the boat, better than I could've :D Your girls are so cute and I finally got a picture from mom. Have fun down here while I'm gone and hopefully I can come visit soon.

Deanna said...

I haven't tried wakeboarding, but I did try kneeboarding, and that as so fun!! I have NEVER driven a boat, though. I don't know why but I'm chicken. :o)

Cute pics of the girls! And Ron loves Josh's hat. :o) It was so good to see you guys!! Thanks for MAKING us buy Guitar Hero. :o)