Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I haven't posted in awhile so I just thought I would take a minute to write down some thoughts. I am kinda tired so this won't be long. I would like to blog more, but by the time the kids get to bed I don't really feel like sitting at the computer. So anyways, the other day I realized once again that I am not like a lot of my friends. I am in certain ways, but definitely not in hobbies. I am the only person I know that does not like to scrapbook. I just don't enjoy it. I started scrapbooking our marriage pictures right after we got married and realized that I really didn't enjoy it that much. My wedding photos are still not finished and I have been married for almost nine years. I just don't have the time and if I did I would rather research, read, or write history. I know I'm crazy. I have realized I miss out on a lot of time my friends spend together because they get together and scrapbook. But what can I say, I don't like it and I can't force myself to do it. I'm not saying scrapbooking is bad, it is just not for me. Another area I differ is in reading material. People always ask me, "so what are you reading?" and recently I have said, a book about Abraham Lincoln. I then get looked at like I am crazy. I have a hard time with fiction. I can read fiction and I enjoy some of it, but reading about real people with real stories far surpasses any made up story. In fact, I have never been able to finish Little Women and I have tried twice. I just can't stand it. I am okay being different, I mean nobody wants to be the same, but sometimes it would be nice to sit and talk with somebody about historical issues.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Yay for you for darign to be different! :o) I love the fact that we all vary so much; I just wish we all loved it, too, instead of feeling like an outsider. :o) I felt the same way about the Stephenie Meyer's books. EVERYONE was reading them, and when I tried, I thought, 'this is IT?' But you know what I love to read? Fiction based on historical fact. My fav is any WWII history. I even read the "straight stuff" for that. :o)

Guess what? I hate scrapbooking, too. :o)

Jami said...

ME TOO!!! I HATE SCRAPBOOKING!!! I do, however, love fiction. I have a hard time with real life stuff. I not smart enough, I suppose...

Unknown said...

That is great that you are different. If we were all the same the world would be a very boring place. I am not a big fan of scrapbooking- it takes too long for my liking, but making cards is a different story.

As far as reading- Fiction is ok. The last fiction I read was the Twilight series.

However, I love politcal books and some history- I have read Alone in America, and I am currently reading Liberal Facism, which not what I thought it was going to be: it has been covering the history of Wilson's politics. I like reading things where I get to see into the mind of another person. The Doc is big on reading history: He reads like 4 books at once, and loves David McCollough. He has been trying to get me to read his works, but I am not as talented and can read one book at a time.