Sunday, July 6, 2008

More pictures

Here are some more pictures from our vacation. This one is all of us at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. It was slightly different from a zoo. A lot of the animals were all together in a huge area to better simulate what life would be like in Africa. The girls had a great time even though it was hot.
This is Alexis and Camryn at the beach. As you can tell they totally got knocked over by a wave.
Marina is helping Staci by putting sand on her back. When Staci stood up it went straight down her shorts. I had to laugh.
At first Marina hated the beach. She would not let me put her down on the sand. So we put her on a towel and she started sticking her finger in the sand, then her toes, and eventually she was rolling around in it.
This is at the Sea World kids play area.
Also, Sea World. Josh doesn't like the spinning rides so I took all the girls.
This dolphin came right up to the glass to look at Josh. It sat there for about a minute and just looked and him and chirped a couple of times. I love dolphins.
Here are the crazy animals at the Wild Animal Park.
As most of you know, I am an avid fan of history, especially Civil War history. I really love reading about Abraham Lincoln and currently I am reading Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin. In it she has a Lincoln quote that I really like so I thought I would share, "No man resolved to make the most of himself, can spare time for personal contention. Still less can he afford to take all the consequences, including the vitiating of his temper, and the loss of self-control. Yield larger things to which you can show no more than equal right; and yield lesser ones, though clearly your own. Better give your path to a dog, than be bitten by him in contesting for the right. Even killing the dog would not cure the bite." It reminds me that sometimes it is best to just let things go then dwell on them and bring myself down.

4 comments:

Staci said...

Natalie! I love the pictures and I already miss you guys! The girls are so cute! I'll have to come visit soon...

Hardy's said...

Love the pictures. Glad to see you had such a fun time! Sometime you and Jarad will have to have some history discussions. His favorite areas are the World Wars. So what did you decide about the reunion?

Hardy's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hardy's said...

You will have to let me know how the reunion goes. That is a good to excuse to come see your family. Tell them hi for me. I don't get to see them very much anymore. If you guys are ever around Brigham City for any reason stop and say hi.