Thursday, May 1, 2008

Friends

You know, I've been thinking lately about my life and how it is not at all how I pictured it would be. And yet I wouldn't change anything. When I got married I pictured Josh and I living in Utah for our entire lives and always being close to my parents. We would go visit them on Sundays and they would be close for all the kids school stuff. Of course that is not at all what happened. When Josh mentioned to me the idea of going to dental school I completely dismissed the idea. I could never live in Kentucky, that's where hillbillies live. I know I have family there!! But we did go to school and it was such a growing experience for me. I met the best people there. We made really good friends and I have to say those friends became my family. When I had Marina my family was across the country. My mom and dad, and my mother-in-law, did come and help for a couple days, but they had to go back home (I don't know why ;) ). Anyways, I had such great friends to help me and I don't know if I ever said thank you. So thank you to all my Kentucky family. Thanks Deanna and Jessica for taking my kids to school and picking them up. Thanks for just being there for me. And now here I am in a small town. For those of you who knew me in Kentucky know I am not a small town person so this has been an adjustment. My family is closer and I do see them a lot more which I am grateful for and Josh's family is here so that is nice. But last summer I found myself bored quite a lot. Then we met a bunch of great people who are now our good friends. And I have to say my friends here have made living in this small town fun. So thank you to my friends here for being my friends and helping us to adjust to life here. Friends are great, they just help in so many ways. So thanks again to all my wonderful friends!!!!
On a different note, I just had to post this, last night we had a guy here installing new fire alarms and he was probably in his 20's and I will admit he wasn't ugly. Anyways, he was talking to me about some paperwork and Camryn came up to me and tried to whisper (she doesn't really understand what it means to whisper) "He is so HANDSOME!!" I couldn't help but laugh and he turned bright red. Then Camryn turns to Alexis and says "I'm going to marry him!" He went even redder and I just laughed. Camryn provides lots of comedy for our home. In fact the other day I was going to exercise and Camryn asked me why so I said because I wanted to stay in shape. She then asked "What shape do you want to be? A triangle or maybe a diamond?" I just laughed. Now every time I exercise or talk about being healthy Camryn says "That's because you don't want to change your shape." So again I just smile.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Just to ease your conscience, yes you did say thank you! :o) But I would've done it for you in a haeartbeat anyway b/c you were one of my closest friends in KY, too. I love that we've gotten to see you guys so many times since graduation (can you believe it's been a year now?!). You're awesome, Natalie!!

(I'm glad you have such great friends out their in WY, but I have to admit, I'm secretly hoping to steal you away to Denver!!) :o)

Staci said...

so about this boy that was at your house...

Cassie and Mark said...

The fire alarm guy came to our house shortly after visiting with you and he mentioned your girls and how funny they are! Camryn might have a chance with him after all, (if he'd convert)!

jessica said...

We love you and miss you guys...

Unknown said...

Camryn is hilarious. Glad to hear you had good friends to help you our in a time of need.

Crafty Momma said...

Hi Natalie..Wow, I have been so busy. I think of Louisville everyday! Even though I said I was so excited to leave, in reality it made me sad. I really do miss all my friends, like you everyone became family. It's not the sma here in Denver and I miss it terribly. Hopefully, New Mexico will be better! I guess we will have to see. Looks like you cut little family is doing well and getting so big ;)