Saturday, April 19, 2008


So here we are in St. Louis. Not a place I imagined myself at this time of year. But my paper got accepted at a graduate history conference so we had to go so I could present it. My kids stayed with my parents for the weekend. We had a lot of fun, although it was cold the entire time. While we lived in Kentucky we drove through St. Louis many times, but we never stopped because it was either raining or the wrong time of day. That and we had a long drive ahead so we didn't want to prolong it more. Anyways, this time we went and saw the arch and went to the museum underneath. Then we went and saw Ulysses S. Grant's house. Unfortunately, it was closed and we could only look through the fence, but still I had the opportunity to stand on Grant's property, so awesome. For those of you who know me well, know I love Grant. He was one of America's greatest generals. It was a great experience and I'm glad I went, even though I was terrified to present my paper. It went well, and I was reminded once again how much I enjoy history.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

YAY FOR YOU!!! I've been wondering when you were supposed to present this paper! How did it go? What did you have to do? How exciting and scary, all at the same time. Glad you guys had fun.

(Haha - I had to laugh b/c your explanation of St. Louis is how we felt, too, everytime we went through and NEVER ONCE stopped...)

Jami said...

Congratulations on your paper! I bet that feels like a huge accomplishment! I'm so happy for you! I was lucky enough to have a cousin in St Louis, but it makes it worse that I stayed there several times and still never went to the arch!

jessica said...

You go girl!!! I am so impressed. You are awesome. I want to hear about it. One of these days I am going to call you....I really am!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is awesome. Glad to hear you had a nice time.