Thursday, May 24, 2007

small town

Well, here we are in Riverton, Wyoming. We are currently renting, but hopefully we will have our own house soon. Yesterday we decided we needed a break after three days of unpacking, unpacking, and some more unpacking, and decided to go to Dairy Queen. I realized I was living in a small town when I noticed the sign on the door of the DQ. It said that they would be closed the following Sunday due to the high school graduation. I couldn't help but laugh, a restaurant closing for a high school graduation! Some of the employees had kids graduating but still.... I'm living in a small town now. It's kinda crazy to me because I never thought I would. Hopefully, I can adjust and get used to the lack of shopping and restaurants. It is nice that it takes about two minutes to get anywhere, there's always plenty of parking, and traffic pretty much does not exist. I guess there are the goods and the bads for everywhere. Well, we are doing good; the girls like the new house and the fact that they have cousins across the street. I'll post some pictures with my next post. That's all for now!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

yeah! you made it! what a change! i need your new address! uteinky2006@yahoo.com

Max Fam said...

Glad you made it safely! We'll miss you at book club next week.

Deanna said...

Oh man, small town living! I told Ron about the DQ and he just said, "what's wrong with that?" Oh yeah, he's from a small town! :o) We miss you guys a ton! Miranda keeps asking when we will move back to Kentucky. Uh, NEVER?!?! :o) Come shopping here - we have tons on outlet stores. Ignore the fact that you'll be driving through Denver, which has 3 times as many stores...

jessica said...

That is so funny...what a change! We miss you guys. The picture of the girls makes me so homesick. We put sand in the turtle and the boys are loving it! THanks again. Talk to you soon!

Max Fam said...

Natalie - will you send me your new address - you can email it to heidimaxfield@hotmail.com
Thanks!