Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Goodbye

Goodbye, Kentucky! Goodbye to all the good and the bad. Goodbye to the humidity and the large insects. Goodbye to the terrible drivers and tiny roads without turn lanes. Goodbye to the smoke filled air and the lack of concern for health. Goodbye to our lives as students. Goodbye to financial aid. Goodbye to Thunder and goodbye to derby. Goodbye to those who started as acquaintances, became friends, and ended as family. Goodbye to the barbecues and "book club." Goodbye to the multitude of birds singing outside my window every morning and bunnies in the yard. Goodbye to the school system who cares nothing for physical activity. Goodbye to the parks on the river and the southern "y'all." Goodbye to our ward, the fourth of July party, the yearly Talent show, and the Derby Party. Goodbye my friends until we meet again. You will be missed. Goodbye.

4 comments:

Max Fam said...

Sad! We'll miss you guys so much! Please keep us posted on the happenings of the girls and you and Josh. Best of luck in Wyoming. You'll always have a place to stay if you want to come back and visit!

Deanna said...

Thanks for getting me started crying again! I just got to CO last night, and I feel like an emotional wreck. I am going to seriously have withdrawals from my "Book CLub" friends! :o) We miss you! It's officially hit me how permanent this is...

Jamie said...

how sad! it's so weird everyone is gone! however, i'm so happy everyone is blogging and have actually all posted since moving! it's so great to keep up on you guys and keep up the friendships! we miss you guys!

jessica said...

I too, am now on the verge (how do you spell that?) of tears. I can't drive anywhere remotely near your old house or the Roncos, Stohls, etc... without starting to cry. LIfe just isn't the same. I'm glad you made it okay. I love my new flowers...and swingset...and freezer full of food! Thanks again!