Sunday, November 30, 2008

So I haven't been blogging much lately because I have to admit I have gotten a sour taste in my mouth for emailing, texting, and blogging. There have been a couple of instances in the past month where things have been taken the wrong way and bad things have happened. In my opinion texting is slowly ruining communication and relationships in the country. People are more willing to text things that they would never say in person. I have seen relationships destroyed over texting because of harsh things which never would have been said otherwise. People need to learn to talk to each other again. Josh had a patient in his office the other day who is a high school English teacher and she said we don't even realize how bad it is. She receives papers from students where the first paragraph is good but then the writing turns into texting lingo. Students will put l8r for later and 2 for to or too, etc. I mean I don't have perfect grammar, but that is disgusting. What are these kids going to do when they enter the workforce and they don't know how to make a complete sentence? My mom said she was behind a couple of boys in line at the store or something and instead of talking to each other they were all texting. What has happened to our society? My sister has friends where in a relationship they say I love you for the first time over texting and they will break up over texting.

On to a happier topic, as was mentioned earlier we went and had our ultrasound on Wed and what the heck!!! I am having a BOY!!!!!!!!!! I was in absolute shock when we saw the ultrasound. I still don't really know what to think, which is one reason I haven't blogged about it until now. I mean I have pink and purple bedrooms, where does a boy fit? Don't get me wrong we are excited, I just never really planned on having a boy so it was quite a surprise. I don't know if I will really believe it until I see my little boy in the hospital.

13 comments:

Ginger said...

Congrats on your BABY BOY! I'm sure it will be very different after having three girls! Boys are just as fun though :o)

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you!!! When I talked to you tonight, I hadn't read your blog before then.

Everything is good. As scary as this sounds- we are actually going to "call" you and Josh more often.

Again congrats! We are so happy for you and Josh, and of course the girls.

Hardy's said...

Boys are so much fun!!! Let me know if you have any questions about little boys. I know a lot! Congratulations. Hope you had a great holiday!

Jessica Y. said...

It is possible to have a boy after 3 girls after all! HMMMMM.
Congrats!!

Max Fam said...

Maybe it was because you stopped drinking the Kentucky water every day! Yippee! Congratulations...thanks for leaving us hanging for a few days there...

Max Fam said...

p.s. changed my blog to 4methisisheaven.blogspot.com

Kelley said...

Yeah, congratulations. Boys are great. It is a whole different ball game though. Hope you are feeling well. Have your heart things stopped? Let me know.

Audrey said...

OH MY GOSH~!!! Congrats! Boys are the best, now can you send me a little daughter? We can't seem to get it right! So exciting!

Jamie said...

Wow!!! You're having a baby boy!!! How exciting- congratulations!!!!!

Stohl Family said...

Congrats! I didn't know what to do with a boy either...he is still the only 1 with now 13 granddaughters for my mom. He is spoiled rotten! And boys are much different from girls...but in a fun way. You'll love it!

Kelley said...

Crazy huh (about the Mary Kay stuff). I actually am really excited about trying something new though, so we will see how it goes. It was either this or get an education (bah, who needs to know stuff). Anyways, let me know how your dr. visit goes.

Amy and Cameron said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Crafty Momma said...

Congratulations on having a boy! I will probably be in your same situation, all girls and then finally a boy ;)