Saturday, November 1, 2008

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!




As the title states, I love Halloween!!! This year was a lot of fun. As you can tell from the picture, Alexis was Dorothy, Camryn was a Southern Belle (she even used an accent), and Marina was a witch. We went trick-or-treating on Main Street (small town version of mall trick-or-treating) and of course the kids loved it. Then Josh took the kids around our neighborhood. I thought I would get some rest staying home and handing out treats, but alas, I didn't get to sit down for more then two minutes for almost two hours. It was crazy!! We eventually ran out of candy and just had to turn out the porch light. Then later that night we got toilet-papered. Josh is over the teachers in young men and we believe (know) it was his boys that did it. We only have one tiny tree so it really wasn't bad.

Last week I was in a play with a bunch of other moms at the local library. I was originally asked to fill in one day, one part for one of the other moms who could not do the play for two days. So I practiced that part for three weeks and then the day before the play the lady in charge called me and told me that our friend who played one of the other pumpkins had gone into early labor and could not do her part, so could I take her place and do two days instead of one? So I agreed and ended having to memorize a whole new part in one day. It worked out fine, though, and I had a lot of fun. So much fun that I agreed to be in the Christmas play in December. I didn't think a lot of kids would come and see it, but we ended up putting the play on for over 1,000 people in two days. In the picture I am the pumpkin with the Wendy's wig.

We also had a Halloween Party at our house. It was crazy, but fun. I actually dressed up for the first time since I was a kid, I was an Egyptian mummy. Surprise Josh was a mechanic! One more thing, since I have been pregnant I have been having heart palpitations and I really don't like it. My heart will beat really hard once and then normal again, at first it was only once a week or so but lately it has been happening almost everyday. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it common? Should I be worried? Comments would be appreciated.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Man! We missed a great party! Your girls look so cute. And so did you, at the library! That looks so fun!!!

Kelley said...

Hey,
I had the same thing happen to me when I was pregnant. Unfortunately, they have not gone away. I had all this testing done (EKG and echocardiogram)as well as having to wear a heart monitor for a whole month. Needless to say, they don't know what the heck was the matter for sure, but they think it was something called premature ventricular tachycardia. It kind of feels like your heart is skipping a beat, but it actually is beating a tiny bit early, and then has to recover, so the pause. They told me that everyone actually has them, but most people don't notice it, and it is not really a problem. If it gets really bad and starts to cause problems they can fix it with medication. But, I have just gotten used to it. It seems to go in spurts. It is pretty scary at first, but then you get used to it.... and it is not dangerous for you or the baby.

Jessica Y. said...

Cute kiddo's have you found out what your having yet??

jessica said...

Looks like fun. That's awesome that you were in the play! How fun. I have not experienced the heart palpitations myself, but after having worked in cardiology for a few years I'd say...call your doctor. Just let him know and see what he says. Also, start keeping a log of when it occurs, how long it is continuing, and what type of activity you were doing at the time. How far along are you? Do yo know what you're having??? The kids look darling in their costumes!